Sunday, March 25, 2007

Peter... whaaats happening?

So I have been asked many times what is going to be happening with me since I'm hurt. Well besides a time delay due to obvious reasons not much is changing. First what exactly is the problem. It was for sure confirmed that I have a compression fracture on my T10 vertebrae. The good news is that before I had a 40% reduction on my T12 almost 10 years ago now, and this one is only a 20% reduction. That means less time to recover and it seems to me slightly less pain. I am very able to get around and have probably walked about 3-4 miles each day this weekend which has been nice and I have been told is good for the muscles in my back in the healing process. Mostly my weekends are very uneventful and filled with much walking around and watching movies. So I thought I would let you know my opinion on some new ones so you don't waste your time on the ones that I had a lot of time to waste on.

TMNT - if you liked the turtles, go find old episodes or the old movies. Stay away from this crappy movie. Though if you want to take a nap it may help you if you have trouble sleeping. I almost left the theater in sheer bordom.

Shooter - Liked it. If you like guns and are willing to accept some pretty impossible marksmanship you will like this movie

The Last Mimzy - I liked it, but if you don't like SCI-FI you won't like this. I actually really enjoyed most of the movie until the ending that was a tad out there even for this movie.

I Think I Love My Wife - Retarded, not even worth them putting it on DVD.

300 - See it, but not with your parents or your kids. Fighting scenes are awesome.

The Number 23 - wait for the DVD and rent it, not own it.

Premonition - I liked this movie "because" it was hard to follow. Some may find that annoying

Dead Silence - I went to see this because it was made by the makers of "Saw", but this had none of the greatness that I liked in that movie. In fact I think it was made up of the crappy parts of saw III that didn't even make that film. Needless to say, it sucked. But I will never look at a ventriloquist doll the same.

So now you know what I do with my weekends here at the oh so entertaining Ft Benning GA. Whats funny is that I still have time to kill even with all the movies I see and I still get bored. I wish I were closer to home because I would much rather be doing meaningful things with friends and family on the weekends than watch movies, but until then there isn't much more to do here so I will at least help those of you that read this blog to waste less of your time by only seeing the movies that are worth it.


"So could I get you gentlemen something more to drink, or maybe something to nibble on, some pizza shooters, shrimp poppers or extreme fajitas?"

5 comments:

J said...

You know what most excites me about reading your blog? The title. I'm always excited to see what clever title you've come up with now. 8+) Love ya bro!

Anonymous said...

Your reviews are much shorter than Michael Medved's. I love his but your "suck" or "not suck" rating system is convenient. There's GOT to be something else you can do with your time my love. Hurry up and heal so you can graduate airborn and come home for a bit. We should make a rule of no movies while you're home:)

Amy Rosson said...

Glad to hear that it wasn't worse than it is. Sorry that you are injured at all. I hope that you recover quickly. Thanks for the reviews, we had our suspicions about some of them. You are in our prayers

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

After you blew stuff up and shot with real guns, do you think you still can be entertained with XBox 360 FPS games? :)

XBox 360 could be a good alternative for a long weekend.