Sunday, March 18, 2007

A "Jump" ... To Conclusions Mat

Well it has been almost a week since I updated what I have been doing. It has been a pretty busy week and I have been "lazy" again this weekend to recover from the "fun" that we have been having here. After I got rid of my headache from the swing landing trainer we came back to it the next day to finish some people that hadn't completed it yet. I had the "opportunity" to observe and hook people into the harness before getting headaches to call their very own. On Wednesday I was one of only about 110 students that got to be dropped from the 250' tower. Now some may be saying that would be freaky, but I assure you it was a blast. I was thinking and it was like being paid to ride on the biggest ride at the fair. Except this ride didn't keep you attached to anything. Don't worry I didn't get hurt and it was no worse than jumping off a 3 story building (joke).
The next day we moved to learning how to mass exit an aircraft with and without full ruck sack and weapon. This was not what you would call fun, more so uncomfortable than anything else. Somehow walking up 4 flights of stairs with a 35 pount backpack strapped to your front side didn't feel normal. Also jumping with the added weight in that region wasn't all that comforting either. After this we got off early and all we had to do on friday was attend a safety briefing about things you never want to happen to you and rig our gear for our night jump on wednesdy we will do with full gear.
So if all the weather holds out and stays nice, warm and not windy we will jump twice on monday, twice on tuesday and jump at night on wednesday. Then we will graduate on friday unless some jumps get delayed. We have to complete 5 qualifying jumps to graduate so it all depends on the weather for graduation to go as scheduled. Am I nervous? Nah it is only 1250' to the ground and it only takes about 45 seconds to get there. So if I'm scared it won't be for very long anyway. Feet and knees together, eyes on horizon, pull risers to name tape level and pull off a dynamite PLF. I will be fine... trust me.



The guy made a million dollars (I had to finish it)

0 comments: