Friday, March 23, 2007

Back Again?

So in case you haven't heard I made my 4th jump from an airplane with no issues at all. But the landing was a bit harder than I bargained for. My exit was perfect, but on my way down I didn't know that there was someone above me that began to leap frog with me. This is when the amount of air I'm using doesn't allow the jumper above to have as much lift and springs them down below me. Well after that happens the same happens for me as well. Unfortunately I did not realize this until about 30 feet above the ground he shot out in front of me and took the air from my parachute. My canapy immediately lost lift and dropped me straight to the ground from about 2-3 stories up. The landing was hard, but I made it off the drop zone just in time for my buddies to force me to go to the medic because I could barely breath and my back hurt (I know I have been here before). Well long story short and many x-rays later my back is once again in the not so unbroken position. I will be sitting around for about 30 days until it heals all the way. I have one more jump to make to be Airborne qualified and as crazy as some of you may think I am for saying this I'm going to do it. The break is not as bad as my one from the past and the doctor said that I am lucky that I wasn't hurt worse considering the height I dropped from. So if there is any positive that can be seen from this it is that I didn't break even worse.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So..back in the day when you broke your back snowboarding, I never thought it would happen again! Of course, I never thought that Jordan, Mr. "Who cares that your Dad says it's too late to hang out, you don't have to listen to him" would be in the army getting yelled at all the time either. :) I'm proud of you and what you're doing. I couldn't do it, but I'm glad that God has given you the strength to do this. We are praying for you and your sweet family. I love the website and that you I can stay caught up on what is happening...

Anonymous said...

Wasn't that nice of Mary to leave a comment? Well my dear, I experienced God's grace abundantly this week. He truly does equip us for the situations he puts us in. When I didn't hear from you after Monday's jump, fear filled my heart and I was a wreck...unnecessarily as it turns out. When you told me you broke your back, I felt totally at unpanicked and wanted some honey nut cheerios...which I ate first thing the next morning. You'll heal fast and you Will make your last jump and you will be airborne qualified and you will freakin' rock. I'm so proud of you.

Anonymous said...

please excuse my above typo...couldn't figure out how to edit it.

Unknown said...

Wow, your made your guardian angles work non-stop.

God protects you for your next jump.

nicholei said...

I saw Haley today at Sandra's baby shower and she told me about your back. I'll be praying that you are healed quickly!! Hope that God is continually to speak clearly to you the plans that he has for you and the fam! Take it easy. =)