Sunday, March 11, 2007

Lazy Sunday!

As much as Airborne school is tiring I love the fact that friday afternoon I'm done for the week. I didn't realize how much a weekend can actually recharge a person until I joined the Army. All through Basic we worked no matter what the day and going to church was close to the only break that you really got from the constant moving. What you ask do I do with my weekend? Well, not much of anything. And after this week I don't feel bad at all. I have officially caught up on Lost, Heroes and The Office and watched 2 movies "Employee of the month" and "Simpler than Fiction". Neither movie was a blockbuster by any means but had their funny moments. I also saw 300 on friday night and that was a good movie if I do say so. Not for the young though, nor the weak of stomach.
I have also been doing some thinking about what I was doing a year ago and realized that it was about a year ago that we went to Alaska. As you can see from the picture a lot has changed since then. I would have never thought I would be on the opposite side of the country if you had asked me then. Especially getting ready to graduate Airborne School. Crazy what a difference 365 days can make. I went from 236 lbs down to 166 lbs back up to about 187 now. Don't think I'm getting fat, because though I have gained weight my pants keep fitting more loose for some reason. I just wanted to clarify so those that were in our competition wouldn't accuse me of letting myself go. Although I don't eat what you may call a low fat diet the amount of physical exersion I'm expected to have still affords me the ability to lose body fat. I do however recognize before anyone points it out that when my level of activity decreases I must lower my intake ever so slightly.
So in just a year I have gone from civilian to soldier, father of 1 to almost father of 2, West coast to east coast (for the time being), Fat to fit and in 2 weeks ground thumper to airborne. What a journey it has been and what a journey it is going to be. I wonder what the next 365 days will bring? On second thought I wonder what the next 45 days will bring. Maybe a year from now on another Lazy Sunday I will find myself reflecting once more.

2 no 6 no 12 ... Bakers Dozen!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now this I could do. Lazy Sunday's are a favorite. You won't be getting many of them in RIP.