So I haven't been very active on the blogs lately. Which means most, if not no one, will read this. It is late and I'm tired. A lot has been going on but as the title says we all have excuses. I guess since this is technically my bathroom wall on the internet I can list some of mine.
- We have now moved into our own place... this takes time and energy away from blogs
- Our internet took awhile to get hooked up... Though this hasn't stopped me before
- Our kids have been sick... Who hasn't had sick kids
- I thought it would be fun to install vista on my new computer and wiped out every piece of data I had collected for the past decade... just another speed bump.
I truly did have big plans to get my blog and the boys updated and I still plan to do that (hopefully tomorrow) but our world took another spin. Some of you know the Newell family. A link to Logan Newell's blog is on the right if you haven't. Their family has been going through some tough times again.
Ben Logan's dad is in the hospital awaiting a heart transplant that is his only hope for survival. Logan had an MRI and the tumor is still growing and they plan to start Kemo in 3 weeks. This alone would cripple most families, but while all of this was going on John Newell who is Ben's dad suffered a heart attack and now rests across the hall from Ben at OHSU in a coma.
Needless to say updating my blog has been on the bottom of my list. Life takes on a new meaning when death seems to be all around. "But they aren't your family" you may ask. Oh, they are family. We may not have the same blood in us, but we are as family as you can get. All this to say I would ask anyone reading this to lift up this family in prayer. Its one thing when we are asked to cast our cares on God with something we think we could handle on our own. But that verse takes on a whole new meaning when there is absolutely nowhere else to turn.
2 comments:
Love the new homepage on sevenator.com...and glad to see a new blog post...even tho its not all good news. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers!!
That is so sad to hear. We are still thinking about the extended family and hope everything is getting better.
Post a Comment