Friday, September 14, 2007

“Saying ‘I’m sorry’ is the same as saying ‘I apologize.’ Except at a funeral.”

You know how sometimes you catch a glimmer of a funny sign or something hilarious that you want to share with the world? I knew that funny signs and crazy cars were in the south (former residence to me), but I either have gotten really hard up for things to post or have become more perceptive to the humor living around us. I found this sign in Federal Way. Must be some fast "unloaders." But the humor doesn't stop there.

My parents have been getting ready to have new gutters installed, which means some boards had to be replaced. Well, my dad has been on the lookout for quite some time for a second tall ladder to finish one last board on the tallest end of the house. He came to me the other morning (we are currently living at my parents for the time being), and said "I have an idea." Immediately I was scared, but not nearly as much as when he told me the actual idea he planned to put into action. I can not do justice to explain in words so take a look at these pictures. I actually wasn't aware that I was afraid of heights until I trusted his contraption with my life. To his defense it did work out alright. It was just a bit "bouncy." After all, we do have an Aumsville address. We have to conform at some point.
The next will not fit in a simple blog post but has earned its own gallery of fame. It is one that I forgot I had taken pictures of while still in Louisiana, and never got around to posting them. I have put up a link on my pictures area called "Duct Tape Truck" and if that isn't enough to peek your interest I don't know what is.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

bout time ya posted something new. They do make duct tape in different colors so that just may catch on. Maybe your dad could used duct tape to construct that ladder.