Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Time Flies When Drill Sergeants Are waiting For you.


Well it seems like just yesterday I was leaving to start this wonderful journey, and here I am back again and leaving again. I was blessed to have just over 2 weeks to come home and relax with friends and family for the holidays. I personally think that they were crazy to let a bunch of guys that just started to shape up go home and get lazy again, but I didn’t argue with the chance to come home and see my family. If I didn’t call or text you it isn’t because I hate you at all, in fact I spent most of my time with my wife, son and family (since Haley lives in their house right now). You would think 2 weeks is a lot of time but I’m here to tell you that it really isn’t. So please don’t be offended if you didn’t see or hear much from me.
Tonight I get on a plane at 11:15 bound for Chicago and then on to Atlanta. There I will catch a bus to Fort Benning and I’m sure be greeted with loving arms by everyone. I will graduate from OSUT (Basic and AIT) on the 16th of February and then I’m on to jump out of good airplanes for a few weeks. My family is planning at this point to attend so it is comforting knowing that I will get to see them again in 6 weeks or so. Time flies in Georgia so it will feel like no time at all.
Besides leaving family and the comforts of home... like sleep and not being yelled at for talking at dinner... I’m really looking forward to getting back and continuing my training. It has been a challenge at times, but I love it. I like that I’m learning new limits that I didn’t know I could reach and the constant physical demands that I’m forced to accomplish when on my own I would think I couldn’t complete.
Thanks to all that I was able to see for the fun times (Jon we have to play more Halo when I get back). Theater Surfing is also fun if you wondered. It is possible to finish a whole rack of ribs at Roadhouse with Garlic Mashers, 3 rolls and peanuts and not feel stuffed. 18 month year olds do not have the ability to sit through all of “Cars”. The sun comes out a lot more at Fort Benning than Aumsville. A&W still has the best bacon cheeseburger and Peanut Butter M&M’s are awesome.

Seacrest Out

0 comments: